Thursday, July 30, 2009

I and U are not just letters anymore!


IJustine is a video blog by a young girl in Los Angeles. I would characterize her as a talented comedienne who is able to take the mundane and create a hysterical video. My favorite is one entitled, "I Want Pizza". I am still smiling however, I would not recommend this particular video for a class, choose another one.


I thought that this would be another avenue to teach about wriitng opinion papers. Students can write their opinion paper first and then broadcast it on YouTube. Another choice would be to first create a video and then use that as an ouline to write their paper. Either way, it will be engaging and just as one would have to do re-takes of a video to get it right, one also has to edit and revise a paper to get it right. A teacher could use the IJustine video to introduce the idea and create interest in the topic.


To see IJustime, CLICK HERE or on her picture above to see "I Want Pizza".

No comments:

Post a Comment