Friday, July 17, 2009

How will they learn to think?

The above image (I hope you can see it clearly) is my classification of technologies and how they are aligned with the 4 Instructional Models. As you can see (I hope), most of the Web 2.0 tools are in the Social Interaction Model. Most of the technologies on the other end of the spectrum, in the Behavioral Model, are Web 1.0 technologies. Web 2.0 is far more interactive and therefore supports social learning, inquiry learning and can be tailored to personalized instruction.
As a teacher, the Web Inquiry Projects and Webquests will be used to make my teaching interesting, interactive and give students a choice in the direction of their learning. I would hope to build inquiry skills that they will use their entire lives to be life long learners. I believe we are all born with observant and curious minds. These wonderful gifts must be nurtured and exercised or they will be lost in the hum-drum and passive learning trenches of "old school" teaching. The interactive media and social networking of Web 2.0 will be the brain gym for our future educators, policy makers, parents, and artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment