Saturday, July 11, 2009

Bingo! Smileshare! Mind Benders!

I have 2 pages of log in names and passwords to remember all of the sites I have subscribed to! There is no such thing as a secret password because I will forget it (all of them).

I tried Diigo, SlideShare and some of the Mind Mappers. I did not like any of the Mind Mappers. I have been using Microsoft Word for many years and find that to be the easiest for print graphic organizers. I liked using Inspiration and felt it can be very useful on a computer screen or white board because you can add notes and links to other web pages like blogs and PWS's. The only drawback is the cost and availability in different school districts.

I liked SlideShare very much and was able to search for power point presentations on various topics. I also liked the fact that you could post to blogger and other sites just by clicking an icon. Just as you can search YouTube for videos to show a class, you may be able to find an appropriate PowerPoint and save time making your own. Just take care to verify any information within.

I must say that Diigo was my most favorite site of the three. I was able to place sticky notes all over my Ed 5670 page to remind me of which assignments I had completed and the name they were saved. I also have a sticky note to remind me to do the group PPT and Final Project. I will be using this feature extensively and will show it to the students in the high school library next year. I just hope the site is not blocked by the district filters.

All sites had the usual sign up process. None were extensively difficult or problematic.

No comments:

Post a Comment